Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Well I finally got my cards done two days before Valentine's Day.  This year they are full of suckers and chocolates.  It just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without something SWEET.  



This one is a pop up card.  I started with 2 pieces of pink card stock 8 1/2" x 2 3/4" for the card base, stamped both pieces with Sunrise Orchid Shades dye ink using the 840 Heart Background both from SweetStamps.com.  These pieces were then scored on one end at 1 1/2" and  2 1/2" (this will create the fold in the card).  The front piece measures 2"x4".  For the front layer I used 36# vellum and stamped the 729 Heart and Flower Border on the vellum using white dye ink and Fantasy Silver Fine detail embossing powder then attached it to a pink piece of card stock using micro glue dots in the corners.  To attached this piece to the card front I used 1/4" Scor-Tape under the ribbon to hold it in place.  Use adhesive (I used 1/2" Scor-Tape) to layer both pieces together making sure to have a scored end and flat end together.


The pop up pieces of the inside of the card measure 2 1/4"x 3 1/4" and 1 3/4"x 3".  The larger  piece was stamped with the Heart Background using Sunrise Orchid ink and the small piece was stamped with the same ink and the 952 Happy Valentine's Day stamp from SweetStamps.com.  Attach the sucker or other cut out to the back of this piece using tape (I used a small piece of paper and scor-Tape because the sucker was heavy).  Fold back the lower left corner about 1" and attach about 1/4" down on the inside left.  When you pull the ends apart the message inside will pop up.



For this card I started with Large Scalloped Layer in Hopsack Red from The Paper Cut.  I scored the card in half and added the white dots around the outer edge with a Gelly Roll White gel pen.  For the red edging on the left side I used the netting from a bag of oranges I had, scrunching a long piece together and stapling it to the yellow dotted paper using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.  I then took 3 small pieces of netting and rolled them, stapled them, scrunched them open so they formed a circle and added the metallic Red Heart brad and attached this to the yellow dotted paper.  I rounded the corner of the dotted paper before adhering it to the red card stock.  I stamped Be Mine 993 from SweetStamps.com using Valentine Shades dye ink.  On the inside right portion of the folded red card stock I attached a 6x6 square of striped paper then layered it all to a 6x6 piece of white card stock.  Inside I used the Valentine Shades dye ink to stamp the 9045 Vertical Happy Valentines Day.


I layered the sucker to a lavender heart I cut using the smaller of the heart dies from the DL128 Two of Hearts die set from Cheery Lynn Designs, wrapped the stick with some of the netting and attached it to the striped paper.


For this card I started with an A2 white card and embossed the front using the EF3018 Hearts embossing folder from Crafts-Too.  The large heart is from the Cheery Lynn Designs DL106 Heart to Heart die set.  I used the Gelly Roll White Gel pen to add the dots to the heart.  I cut 3 different colors of flowers from the SF2 Stacker Flower 2 from Cheery Lynn Designs and attached them together using a red heart brad then used foam dots to attached the flower to the heart.  The ribbon on the sucker stick is some I had in my ribbon supply.


On the inside of the card I used another of the flowers and stamped the 9045 Vertical Happy Valentine's Day using Valentine Shades Dye ink.



This is an A2 white card that was embossed using the EF3021 Love Hearts embossing folder from Crafts-Too.  I used one of the hearts from the DL106 Heart to Heart die set from Cheery Lynn Designs.  All the ribbon was in my ribbon box.



Inside uses the same heart set and the 993 Be Mine stamp from SweetStamps.com stamped in Valentine Shades Dye ink.



This one is for my Dad.  He really likes suckers and LOVES Dove chocolates.  I used a 6x6 printed paper, cut out some lavender hearts using the DL128 Two of Hearts dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and  attached the chocolate and sucker.  Then I used Candi legless brads around the outside circle and highlighted the little circle bursts between them with a Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter pen.



Here is my take on a fast box of chocolates.  I embossed a 6x6 white card using the E134 Hearts and Rose Leaves EX embossing plate from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Layered the largest solid heart form the DL106 Heart to Heart die set from Cheery Lynn Designs and added dots around the border using a Gelly Roll White Gel pen.  I then used All Purpose Spray Adhesive on the back of the large heart doily from the same set and attached it to the heart pressing the outside edges down.  I then stuffed some red shredded paper I had under the heart and added the chocolates and sucker.



For the inside I used another of the large doily hearts, using adhesive spray to attach it to the card and stamped 952 Happy Valentine's Day using Valentine Shades Dye ink.

No comments: