Monday, February 6, 2012
Horse Portrait Oval 2011
Horse Portrait Oval and Howdy stamps from SweetStamps.com
Shades Dye inks-French Roast and Gibraltar from SweetStamps.com
Rodeo XL Embossing Plate from Cheery Lynn Designs
DD011 Double Corner Die, Multi Frame Oval-3 (MFD 013) and MFD 007 Oval die from Nellie's
Copic Markers-W1, W3, W5, B93 and C0
Tuxedo Black Memento ink from Tsukineko
5 3/4" x 5 3/4" square cream folded card from The Paper Cut
4 1/2" x 3 1/2" Solar White paper
3 1/2" x 5 3/4" Plaid paper from Kaiser Craft
3 x 5 3/4", 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" and 2" x 2" White distressed paper from Kaiser Craft
3/4" x 5 3/4", 3/4" x 3 1/2" and 2" x 2" Black patterned paper from Kaiser Craft
2 1/2" x 1 1/2" and 5" x 4 1/2" Vacation Blue (dark) cardstock from Core'dinations
6 1/2" piece of 1/8" aqua ribbon
Distrezz-it-All from Zutter Innovative Products
Big Shot machine from Sizzix
Dot Runner from Scotch
Micro and Mini glue dots
1. Ink the XL embossing plate with Gibraltar ink and emboss the 3 x 5 3/4 distressed white paper. Layer this to the front of the card using dot runner. Using dot runner, layer plaid paper to front of card slightly overlapping white embossed paper.
2. Use black ink to stamp Horse oval on Solar White paper, color with Copic markers. Cut out oval with scissors.
3. Die cut a large oval using the MFD 013 Oval 3 large oval die from the 5 x 4 1/2 Blue cardstock. Use the Distress-it-All to distress the edges of the oval. Sponge the edges with French Roast and Gibraltar inks. Layer horse oval to this using dot runner.
4. Die cut a small oval using the MFD 013 oval-3 from the 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 Blue cardstock. Die cut the small oval ribbon die using the MFD 007 from the 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 distressed white paper. Using Gibraltar ink, stamp Howdy on white oval.
5. Ink the ribbon, using the W5 Copic marker to darken the color. Thread the ribbon thru the opening of the stamped white oval. Attach the ribbon to the 5 3/4 x 3/4 black paper by taping the tails of the ribbon in the back with scotch tape. Layer to the card using dot runner. Center the white oval over the plaid side of card, use dot roller to attach the blue oval to the back of the white oval. Adhere oval to card with a foam dot.
6. Die cut the corner pieces from the black and white 2" squares, using the white paper for the top and the black paper for the bottom border. Use micro glue dots to layer the white cut out to the black bottom piece and layer to card using dot runner.
7. Layer the 3/4 x 3 1/2 black paper to center of card using dot runner. Layer the Horse oval to the card using form dots. Adhere buttons to the black strip of card using mini glue dots.